SATURDAY, MARCH 25, 2018
Please be advised, the 2018 Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Dallas Half Marathon, is scheduled to occur on Sunday, March 25 at 8 a.m. The start line is located at Young Street and Lamar Street and the race finishes at the Reunion Lawn.
The following road closures will impact the Central Business District from 7:15 – 10:15 a.m.:
- Young Street – All lanes closed from South Houston Street to South Griffin Street
- Houston Street – All lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard East to Houston Street Viaduct Entrance
- Jefferson Street Viaduct form Colorado Boulevard to Market Street
- South Market Street – All lanes closed from Jefferson Viaduct to Young Street
- Young Street – All lanes closed from South Griffin Street to South Pearl Expressway
- Main Street – All lanes closed from North Good Latimer Expressway to North Cesar Chavez Boulevard
- North Cesar Chavez Boulevard – All lanes closed from Main Street to Elm Street
- Elm Street – All lanes closed from North Cesar Chavez Boulevard to the I-35 on-ramp (access lanes will be provided for residential traffic)
- Commerce Street – Westbound lanes closed from I-35 on-ramp to North Riverfront Boulevard
- North Riverfront Boulevard – Northbound lanes closed from Commerce Street to Continental Avenue
- Continental Avenue – Eastbound lanes closed form North Riverfront Boulevard to I-35 off-ramp
- Reunion Boulevard East – All lanes closed from South Houston Street to Sports Street (one eastbound lane of Reunion Boulevard East will be open for traffic)
The following road closures will impact Deep Ellum from 7:15 – 10:15 a.m.:
- Canton Street – Eastbound lanes closed from South Pearl Expressway to South Good Latimer Expressway and all lanes closed from South Good Latimer Expressway to Exposition Avenue
- Exposition Avenue – All lanes closed from Canton Street to Elm Street
- Elm Street – All lanes closed from Exposition Avenue to North Good Latimer Expressway
- North Good Latimer Expressway – All lanes closed from Elm Street to Main Street
The following road closures will impact the West Dallas area from 7:15 – 11:30 a.m.:
- Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge – Eastbound curb lanes closed from Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge off-ramp to Singleton Boulevard
- Singleton Boulevard – Eastbound lanes closed from North Beckley Avenue to Sylvan Avenue
- Sylvan Avenue – Northbound lanes closed from Singleton Boulevard to Fort Worth Avenue and from Fort Worth Avenue to Colorado Boulevard (access lane will be provided for residential traffic)
- Fort Worth Avenue – All lanes closed from Sylvan Avenue to Commerce Street
The following road closures will impact the Kessler Park/Oak Cliff area from 7:15 a.m. -12:30 p.m.:
- North Tyler Street – Northbound lanes closed from Colorado Boulevard to West Davis Street (access lane provided for residential traffic)
- West Davis Street – Westbound lanes closed from North Tyler Street to North Bishop Avenue and all lanes closed from North Bishop Avenue to North Madison Avenue
- North Madison Ave – All lanes closed from West Davis Street to West 8th Street
- West 8th Street – All lanes closed from North Madison Avenue to North Zang Boulevard
- North Zang Boulevard – Southbound lanes closed from West 8th Street to West 7th Street and Northbound lanes closed from West 7th Street to North Crawford Street
- North Crawford Street – All lanes closed from North Zang Boulevard to East 5th Street (access lane provided for residential access)
- East 5th Street – All lanes closed from North Crawford Street to Blaylock Drive
- Blaylock Drive – All lanes closed from East 5th Street to East Colorado Boulevard
- East Colorado Boulevard – All lanes closed from Blaylock Drive to North Marsalis Avenue
- North Marsalis Avenue – All lanes closed from East Colorado Boulevard to Houston Street Viaduct off-ramp
- Houston Street Viaduct – Closed from Houston Street Viaduct off-ramp to South Houston St. and Reunion Boulevard East
Marathon organizers highly recommend the use of public transportation on race day. Participants and spectators should take the Red or Blue Lines to the Union Station stop.
The following DART stations offer a park and ride option:
- Northwest Trinity Mills Station (Carrollton)
- North Parker Rd. Station (Plano)
- Northeast Rowlett or Downtown Garland Station (Garland)
- East MLK Station (Exit I-30 at Fair Park)
- Southeast Buckner Station (West of Balch Springs)
- South Ledbetter Station (East of I-35 near Loop 12)
- West Belt Line Station
- Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing
Please note, there is no TRE Rail service on Sunday.
Freeway Ramp Closures
- 75 Central Expressway – Main Street off-ramp/on-ramp closed from 7 – 10 a.m.
- I-35 E Northbound – Commerce Street on-ramp closed from 7 – 10:30 a.m.
- I-35 E Northbound – Continental Avenue off-ramp closed from 7 – 11 a.m.
- Woodall Rodgers Freeway – Riverfront off-ramp/on-ramp closed from 7 – 11 a.m.
- Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge – Off-ramp to I-35E North closed from 7 – 11 a.m.
Limited paid parking is available downtown. The 2018 Toyota Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon is promoting the use of Parking Panda to purchase guaranteed parking at a location near the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas.
Please use the Omni Dallas (555 S. Lamar St., Dallas, TX 75202) to reference if using UBER or Lyft.
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. For more information, please contact the event organizers directly at email@example.com or (844) 411-4674. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (214) 939-2701.